Delivering Positive Social Impact
The Flagstaff Group is committed to creating social impact by providing employment opportunities and life skills training for people with disabilities.
The social impact that Flagstaff provides to our community is significant, not only by providing meaningful work for people with disabilities but also by contributing to the economy and providing choice in supports that provide a difference to people with disability.
In 2022 Flagstaff:
- Employed 435 people in the Illawarra, Macarthur and Shoalhaven regions.
- In our team of 435, 260 employees have a disability.
- Supported over 550 people with disability in the community.
- 19% of our total workforce are 24 years and under
- Injected over $3.1 million to the local economy using local suppliers.
- Produced over 600,000 snap frozen meals in Flagstaff Fine Foods, supporting many Meals on Wheels in the community.
- Processed 6334 tonne of white paper, 16607 tonne cardboard and 634 tonnes of plastic in Flagstaff Paper to Paper division to recycle with 99.3% avoiding landfill.
- Processed 2000 tonnes of laundry supplying much need linen to aged care
- Provides education modules on hiring people with disability to businesses and community organisations.
- Were proven to be leaders in disability road safety and emergency preparedness for people with disability
- Was one of 17 braille printers in Australia concentrating on providing accessible marketing solutions to the wider community
- Flagstaff works alongside the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) # 13 on Climate Action and six climate positive actions
Flagstaff’s supported employment program is designed to provide job opportunities that are tailored to an individual’s abilities, interests, and goals, whilst assisting in breaking down barriers to employment.
For many people living with disabilities, finding meaningful employment can be challenging due to discrimination, lack of accessible sites and limited task related opportunities. Supported employment programs provide a range of benefits for both individuals and the local community, such as:
- The opportunity to gain valuable work experience
- Develop new skills
- Build confidence
- Increase social cohesion
- Reduce social isolation
- Help individuals to increase their independence and improve their quality of life
- Providingindividuals with a purpose and a sense of accomplishment
- Creating a positive impact on mental health and well-being
- Becoming active members of the community and contribute to the local economy.
Flagstaff’s services have a positive impact on the environment. Through their recycling transfer depot program, the team divert over 17000 tonnes of paper, cardboard and soft plastic waste from landfill each year, contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and promoting sustainability.
For further information on sustainability at Flagstaff click here
By empowering individuals to reach their full potential, Flagstaff is helping to create a more inclusive and equitable society, while also contributing to the economy and reducing the burden on the social welfare system.
By choosing to work with Flagstaff, companies can make a positive impact on the lives of people with disabilities while also benefiting from our reliable and efficient services.
If you are looking for a partner that is committed to social impact and creating meaningful change, choose Flagstaff. Contact Flagstaff today to learn more about how we can work together to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
Tel: 4272 0222 Email: email@example.com