The Flagstaff Group was formed in 1966 to provide meaningful employment for people with disabilities.
Today we employ over 350 people, of which 275 have a disability. Flagstaff is a leading Social Enterprise – providing a level of sustainability unique in the disability industry.
Our business divisions and commercial businesses include:
- Print and Mail
- Fine Foods & Corporate Catering
- Laundry Services
- Recycling Services & Secure Shredding
- Glove Recycling
- Industrial Products
- Packaging and Assembly
Flagstaff also runs a range of programs for people with a disability:
- Transition to Work - individual plans for school leavers to identify and remove barriers to sustainable employment and eventually transition students into Open Employment.
- Flagstaff Vocational Pathways - unique program designed to provide students with a disability access to work experience and vocational training in a supportive business environment.
- CareerAbility - allows people with disabilities to develop and increase their transferable skills and have access to employment opportunities in the aged-care sector.
- Project Leap - tailored specifically to year 9 & 10 students with autism to focus on developing long-term social and communication skills
- TAFE Illawarra Certificate II Qualifications - vocational training and educational learning for employees with disabilities.