The Flagstaff Group’s vision is to unlock the potential of people with a disability to reach their goals
Learning new skills brings not only knowledge, but also feelings of satisfaction and achievement, important in leading a good life and making this happen with your choices.
Our Vision: Your Life and Learning. The Flagstaff Group’s vision is to unlock the potential of people with a disability to reach their goals. Our work mission is to provide life skills for people with a disability so that they enjoy independence, confidence, and opportunities to work and live the life they choose.
We are an industry leader in creating employment opportunities for people with a disability. We are committed to skills development, vocational training, and work placement experience to increase the employment options available to people with a disability.
Our employees give us the thumbs up too: in 2014 and 2015, we won Employer of Choice Award at the Australian Business Awards and Shoalhaven Business Chamber Awards respectively. Our peers also appreciate our training: in 2015 we won the Industry Collaboration category at the NSW State Training Awards.
We offer a range of learning programs delivering training to develop the skills and qualifications of our employees. Investing in these valuable programs complements Flagstaff’s commitment to provide supported employment and encourage long term employment goals.
Interested in what you could achieve through learning with us? Keep reading to see how we cover a wide range of learning opportunities including:
- School Leaver Employment Supports - individual plans for school leavers to identify and remove barriers to sustainable employment and eventually transition students into Open Employment.
- Flagstaff Vocational Pathways - unique program designed to provide students with a disability access to work experience and vocational training in a supportive business environment.
- CareerAbility - allows people with disabilities to develop and increase their transferable skills and have access to employment opportunities in the aged-care sector.
- Project Leap - tailored specifically to year 9 & 10 students with autism to focus on developing long-term social and communication skills
- TAFE Illawarra Certificate II Qualifications - vocational training and educational learning for employees with disabilities.
Would you like to find out how to join up to our learning programs? For more information, please contact Rod Clark:
M: 0437 600 511
T: (02) 4272 0227
260 Nolan Street, Unanderra NSW 2526
PO Box 6125, Wollongong NSW 2500