The National Disability Insurance Scheme - NDIS
Have you sometimes felt you wanted more control over your life and more freedom to make the decisions that matter to you?
Flagstaff knows what to expect from the NDIS and we can use our expertise in supported employment, skills development and job readiness to help you with your NDIS choices and goals.
Flagstaff provides a range of vocational support programs designed to help you unlock your potential and live the life you choose:
Flagstaff Life Choices Programs
- School Leaver Employment Supports - provides individual plans for school leavers to identify and remove barriers to sustainable employment and transition students into Open Employment.
- Flagstaff Vocational Pathways - a unique program designed to provide students with a disability access to work experience and vocational training in a supportive business environment.
- CareerAbility in Aged Care - allows people with disabilities to develop and increase their transferable skills and have access to employment opportunities in the aged-care sector.
- Project Leap - tailored specifically to year 9 & 10 students with autism to focus on developing long-term social and communication skills
- TAFE Illawarra Certificate II Qualifications - vocational training and educational learning for employees with disabilities.
- Work Skills Program - An internally developed program for new employees during their first 13 weeks of employment covering a range of modules from communication, personal presentation, conflict resolution and meeting workplace expectations.
- Work Experience – Flagstaff works with a range of community partners and businesses to provide valuable work experience options in open employment for people with a disability. Check out our recent employee to gain open employment - Ryota Gains Open Employment
- Transition to Retirement – Flagstaff offers a Transition to Retirement program for people with a disability aged over 65 years. Contact us for more information.
Finding employment can provide independence, get you out of the house, introduce you to new friends, help with expenses, and put a bounce in your mindset and day to day life.
If you would like supported employment to be a part of your individualised NDIS plan, be sure to hold a meeting with us to discuss it. We can help you into supported employment under the NDIS and provide guidance on your role during these changes.
The Flagstaff Group offers supported employment across a range of business divisions including:
- Paper to paper
- Fine Foods
- Print and Mail
- Coffee with a Vision
- Grounds Maintenance
- Packaging and Assembly
If supported employment is your goal, please tell your National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Support Planner in your meeting so that they are aware that this is a goal of yours, and can provide the appropriate support to help you achieve it.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0437 600 511 with any questions about the above support programs or to arrange a time to meet with our team.