Cooking and Dining at Home
"Luke is loving the cooking class. He loves the opportunity to socialise with the other participants and really wants to cook at home now!"
- Nadia, Cooking and Dining at Home participant Luke's Mum
Designed for people with a disability to learn Cooking and Dining skills
This programs delivers knowledge and skills for people with a disability who have cooking and dining goals. Training focuses on simple and nutritious cooking and dining, meal preparation, group dining and etiquette. Training also involves a literacy and numeracy element relevant to cooking, such as measuring ingredients, reading recipes and converting between units of measurements for recipes.
At the conclusion of the program, participants receive a book containing the recipes they've cooked throughout the program. Additionally, this program has the benefit of being inclusive of food intolerances and allergies.
The Cooking and Dining Program:
- Can help individuals to improve their knowledge and skills in simple and nutritious cooking
- The course focuses on meal preparation, cooking, setting the table, using recipes, group dining, clean-up, and dining etiquette
- Can help individuals build independence
- Can be tailored based on the individual’s support needs and personal goals, such as one-on-one support, food intolerances, healthy eating focus, weight loss etc
- The Cooking & Dining at Home Program can purchased using NDIS funding
The program runs for 3 hours per week for 10 weeks. It will start in the week following this information session.
For more information, contact Melissa Woolfrey on 0428 374 791.
Cooking and Dining at Home is a 10-week program, run for 3 hours once a week.
Do you want to develop skills in cooking and dining? For more information or to get involved, please contact Rod Clark:
M: 0437 600 511
T: (02) 4272 0227
260 Nolan Street, Unanderra NSW 2526
PO Box 6125, Wollongong NSW 2500