Support Coordinator - Life Choices
- Full time with flexible working conditions;
- Working from both Nowra and Wollongong supporting people in the wider Shoalhaven community;
- Competitive hourly rate;
- Salary Sacrifice opportunity;
- Future career progression with the development of business needs;
The Flagstaff Group is looking for a passionate part-time Support Coordinator to assist participants to achieve community inclusion & participation.
Are you a creative thinker and have good problem-solving skills? We are expanding our Life Choice’s team and looking for a support coordinator, in this position you will have a sound knowledge of funded and unfunded supports in the Illawarra to oversee support coordination in accordance with participants NDIS plans. If this sounds like you, please keep reading.
- Previous experience as a Support Coordinator or equivalent role, working with the NDIS is essential, as you will need to hit the ground running;
- Experience working with people with a disability living within complex situations;
- Knowledge of “Reasonable and Necessary” criteria (NDIS legislation) and a working Knowledge of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission;
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and implementing individual NDIS plans;
- Experience working with people living with a disability who may require additional support with their communication or cultural needs;
- High level of verbal & written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Proven experience in record keeping including an ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information;
- Minimum Cert IV in Disability or other qualifications relevant to the field;
- Drivers licence or ability to provide transport to NDIS participants;
- Eligible to immediately work in Australia without sponsorship;
- Able to provide (on commencement and at mandated intervals) a National Police Criminal History check no more than 12 months old;
- First Aid qualifications;
- Able to provide (on commencement and at mandated intervals) a current Working with Children check and be willing to sign a Working with Children declaration;
Download the full job description here.
We are aiming to fill this vacancy immediately and will be interviewing suitable candidates as they are identified, so please read the full job description for the role. If you are interested please submit your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Applications Close: Sunday, 1st March 2020