Support Coordinator - Life Choices
Flagstaff’s mission is to provide life skills for people with a disability that creates independence, confidence and opportunities to work and live the life they choose. We are looking for a Support Coordinator to join our Life Choices team to use their working knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme to oversee the provision of supports.
Using a Person Centred Approach, you will combine your creative thinking, problem solving skills and a knowledge of funded and unfunded supports in the local area to oversee support coordination in accordance with participants’ NDIS plans. A high level of written and verbal communication skills is essential to provide accurate and timely advice to participants to support their choice and control about how to achieve their individual goals.
To thrive in this role, you will need to demonstrate your ability to meet the selection criteria below:
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant field and/or minimum two years’ experience with people living with a disability;
- Sound understanding of the National Disability insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Experience working with people with a disability living within complex situations;
- Knowledge of “Reasonable and Necessary” criteria (NDIS legislation) and a working Knowledge of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission;
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and implementing individual NDIS plans;
- Experience in providing support using an enablement and strengths based approach;
- Experience working with people living with a disability who may require additional support with their communication or cultural needs;
- High level of verbal & written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated sound level of computer skills
- Proven experience in record keeping including an ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information;
What’s in it for you?
The Flagstaff Group prides itself on a culture of celebration, inclusion, innovation, integrity and accountability. Your passion and commitment to supporting people with a disability to live the life they choose will not go unnoticed. Working at Flagstaff, you can expect:
- Excellent work life balance
- Support and training to perform your best
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Rewarding career in the Disability Industry
- Inclusive team environment that celebrates success and achievement
- Salary Sacrifice for permanent staff
What are you waiting for?
Don’t delay; we are looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible. To find out more about the position or to submit your application please submit your cover letter and current resume to email@example.com
Please be mindful that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/or notified of the status of their application. Click here for a full job description.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, the Flagstaff Group Ltd is a Supported Employment Enterprise funded by the Australian Government. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check